View Single Post
Old 01-03-20, 03:25 PM   #62
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I do not use any external views and cannot run at the designed screen resolution so much of the spectacular eye candy is wasted but I installed v3 and took it for a spin.

Started a BdU Deployment to Norway career in September 1941 and all good until entering the Narvik Fjord at TC x256. Suddenly, right is you enter the first shallows and in mid-Fjord, TC dropped to x1 and all forward torpedo tubes were destroyed with no warning or enemy action. Perhaps ran aground but had 17-metres of water under keel. sailed the rest of the way at TC x64 without incident. Maybe a mine except no hull damage whatsoever. Never hit a mine in SH4 and never survived a mine strike in SH3 so this may be working as designed.

Decided to try to manoeuvre into Narvik port as it looks like an interesting, tight squeeze but the end mission icon disappeared before I entered the port itself and coming along pier-side I could no longer end the mission. Not game-breaking but certainly inconvenient.

-C
What boat are you deploying to Norway with? You also have to pay attention to the slanted anchor, and the date. Some of the boats transfer, and in June of 1942, the base changes, as does the flotilla. Look at Kirkenes. You are probably supposed to be there until June or August of 1942, depending upon which boat you are in, and the current date. Also, remember that at 256xTC, one second of real life is 4 and a half minutes in the game. Quick enough for a fishing trawler to be passing in front of you, collide, damage, and be sunk before you'd see it. Besides the fact that if you "sound" the bottom, by the time that comes back, you have already traveled 4 and a half minutes worth of distance, which at 9 knots is over 1200 meters, and the depth can change a lot in that distance... Me thinks you sent a load of fine fish, and their Norwegian attendants to the bottom... There will be no investigation, this will go directly to Courts Martial, and you will be found guilty. You have already admitted as much.
lol - just joshin' you, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
You do not state in your posts what your native resolution is?
1366 x 768 is a peculiar aspect ratio as it is not quite 16.9
In your "display settings" a resolution recommendation for your system should be showing.
If it is possible it is better to match your system to the games graphics options.
That sounds like a slightly older laptop resolution, THEBERBSTER, and they are probably stuck with it. They might be able to overdrive it, but then there will be a performance hit. If they can though, then they could "Window" SH4 and use 1920x768, though things might be just a pinch tiny on the text...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote