View Single Post
Old 02-25-09, 07:25 PM   #2
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
But what Sub Commands does not have anymore for some reason is :
-distinct sounds in the broadband in the sonar for more than just torpedoes (as Sonalyst lowered apparently a lot those specific sounds in a Sub Command patch so most of the time you don't hear the difference with the garbage noise and so must only use the visual of the waterfall) . In 688 the "hearable" sounds gives the sonar station a more interesting feel, as the waterfall is certainly very usefull, but being able to hear the sound yourself contribute even more to the immersion.
That's odd. I get those sounds in my Sub Command and I'm upgraded to the latest patch. Did you check to see if you had the audio turned on at the switch at the Broadband station ? Also, check the sound settings in the Options as well. You may have one of the sound channels tuned too low to hear against the other sounds. You should easily be able to hear audio generated by anything that's making a noise out there.

Here's the audio settings I use:
Music: Off
Voice Response 6 1/2
3D Sound 5 1/2
Sound Effects 2 1/2

(When I set them to their default, I've found that certain audio completely overpowers other audio, especially an incomming ping which I was afraid would blow my speakers !)
Anyway. Those are the settings that work the best for me.