View Single Post
Old 05-12-15, 06:53 AM   #1743
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlavan View Post
After years away from SH games I've finally picked up SH5 and installed it. For Wolves of Steel, after I have completed a campaign and want to start a new one with a new captain, do I have to uninstall the mods, start a new campaign in SH5 vanilla, and then reinstall the mods once I've started the tutorial again? Thanks!
If you already have already completed a campaign with "TWoS" installed, make a copy of "C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CareerHistory.cfg file then delete the entire "C:\Users\Documents\SH5" folder. Also delete any SH5 save games in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher.

Start Silent Hunter 5 and when in the main game screen exit and then open the new "C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg" folder and paste your saved "CareerHistory.cfg" file into the folder.

Make the manual edits to the C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg file as per the "TWoS" installation instructions. Now you are back to square one so you can start your campaign from the beginning without having to do the initial tutorial.

All of the Player settings...Realism, Graphics and Sound are now default so don't forget to reset those before you commit to your first mission.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 05-12-15 at 06:59 AM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote