Old 06-04-23, 04:41 AM   #8
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1
Default Random groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiebuhr View Post
Kaleuns. Recently I've encountered the need to better understand the campaign's randomized behavior.

For single missions, it seems "mission-layer" random groups are spawned during the first midnight, but it's also possible to get God Eye contacts at any time or location. Therefore, how do RG behave within a patrol? Can they spawn at an arbitrary time offset (ie before patrol commences)? Similarly, are they allowed to spawn mid-route (at the beginning), instead of their true initial location?
No, normally when game is unmodified vanilla you cant get GodsEye-contacts.
No, before game starts (Campaign or SingleMission) there is nothing. So it is not possible to spawn a unit/group before patrol commences. You may explain what youre understanding of "spawn" means. For me it is the point where the unit/group will be initiated for the first time. This is most of the time a Stub and not a real 3D-unit.
No, spawn mid-route is not available for random groups. "EvolveFromEntryDate" in Sh3MissionEditor.exe still exist for scripted units only.

another post:
Quote:
I know most of this, it's self-explanatory for the greater part... except DelayMin. Since I made the post, I encountered a task force which spawned 2 complete days after the patrol start, and that doesnt make sense at first. Do you think DelayMin refers to the unique GameEntryDate? In that case the possible spawn dates would be GameEntryDate+DelayMin
+enough times of DelayMinInterv, so it doesnt have to be spawned at the patrol beginning. What do you think.
You also have to add a random negative or positive count of time that comes from the Game itself, and is not integrated in any of the campaign-files. I have no idea what the effective amount of time this is. Thats why it may be called "random". To my studies it will be somewhat around from halfe an houre upto one houre.

I recomment creating your own Campaign-files with only one or two entries for testing and see what the game does with youre entries. This way you will learn the most.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote