Thread: Random groups
View Single Post
Old 05-30-23, 11:30 AM   #3
EmeAzul
US Navy LT

Downloads: 582
Uploads: 0

ReportPosMin=-1 - any negative number means "No"

Propbeanie, first of all, thank you for the elaborate explanation of the basic structure of a unit in the game. This is very helpful. Not to be argumentative, but regarding the "ReportPosMin=-1", from something GWX Campaign developer "Bigboywooly" wrote back in 2007, I've always been under the impression that the "-1" indicated that the ship or groups of ships would show/be reported when in the radius of the Contacts.cfg values. If this is correct, it would of course make a huge difference vs. always "no". Looking at the early years of GWX RND Campaign file would seem to lead one in this direction. IE if you are sailing in the North Atlantic you are not reported on ships spawning in the Baltic and vise versa, but are reported on ships in your near immediate area. Over the years, I've counted on this interpretation when making a few additions and changes to the RND Capmaign. So I guess the question is, have your own tests been able to confirm your interpretation of "-1" equaling "no" in all cases?
Thx, EmeAzul
EmeAzul is offline   Reply With Quote