View Single Post
Old 05-14-23, 11:39 PM   #5474
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
Lucky, it cannot be installed onboard Balao for now. Happy that I checked with you first.

As for the torpedo bomber problem, I am pretty sure it's due to torpedo's running motor being detected. I guess the game cannot tell the difference between air and water, right? Also, how many torpedoes do these bomber carry? I believe there was a time I was tracking two contacts: one the real dropped torpedo in the water and the other still shifting with the aircraft. But I am not 100% certain about that. I will double check on that and report back. But overall the issue seems to be related to torpedo motor.
The player sub detecting the already running torpedo does make sense, especially with this game... Each plane though - in theory - can only 'drop' one. I have not looked into the animation involved, but it might be that the torpedo isn't actually dropped from the plane itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminus View Post
I'm wondering that when near home port, could we just remove the crew from the conn tower to prevent the constant warning by APR-1? It's a interesting device and it would be better to be preserved.
I did some extensive testing with manning the various positions in the boat, and if you do remove the crew from the positions, the efficiency of the compartment does drop, sometimes drastically, similar to the gun positions. But no, it does not eliminate the reports. It does however, slow them down usually, but you have to empty the compartment. Do not forget that you emptied the compartment if going on patrol...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote