Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter301 View Post
I'm having the exact same problem.
Just reloaded my SH4 gold edition (with U-boat upgrade) download from Amazon I purchased back in 2019. No Mods, No tweeks just tried to load and play the game and nothing but black screen after intros.
don't even have any shortcuts I would normally get in the menu bar after loading something up.
The only way I can even try to start the game is to find the file in the C:/ drive and click on the SH4 application icon.
It brings up the start menu but it always does the same thing.
Just shows the intros and goes to black screen.
The only way to get rid if it is to CTL-ALT-DELETE and restart the damned computer. I can't even find the .exe file in the folder to try and adjust compatibility mode. Just keeps pulling up some kind of self help test that restarts the game with the intros and I'm back to CTL-ALT-DELETE and restarting the computer again.
WTH!!!!

Where did you find the main.cfg file to modify?
It's not in my SH4 file anywhere.

If by chance... this 'black screen of death', is as I suspect... in actuality the game being in a perpetual 'game paused' state...

Then this would indicate that the [TIME COMPRESSION] settings are missing, from the \main.cfg file (This 1, in particular, is located where ever your game save folder is ... located. Will have to stroll through that folder (example: My save folder for SH4 mod set up copy: C:\Users\nunya\Documents\TvA\data\cfg\main.cfg ) to be able to edit it, as needed, outlined below)

To do that, you will then, need to find & pull up the SH4 game installs copy of \main.cfg which, is located here:

My SH4 game install pathway:

C:\Games\SH4\Megamods\SH4 - TMOverhauled v2 - Asiatic\Data\Cfg\main.cfg

In this main.cfg file, copy the section, taking note to make sure of a 1 space gap in between each section (above & below) [TIME COMPRESSION] & pasting that entire portion there... in your save folder copy... so that it, looks like this, in the 1st 3 sections.. with the rest being left as is:

[SETTINGS]
LoadingMovie=No
VoiceCommand=No
DisableMessages=No
EventCamera=No

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=32
Maximum=512

[VIDEO]
Resolution=1600,900,60,22
DynamicShadows=No
FullScreen=Yes
Synchronized=No
TextureResolutionHigh=Yes

Click the x & select save... & done...

That, process there... will eliminate the dreaded 'Game Paused' blues...