View Single Post
Old 01-28-22, 03:44 PM   #2511
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
On the crew on deck... would not the cmd structure for the SH3 version, not work with using it in SH4... perhaps.???

Just a thought...

M. M.
Not a bad idea; I will try this. I have dl'ed the SH3 mod and am looking into the structure.

My plan is to have different key combos so you can simulate rescue parties, demolition parties, funerals for dead crew, etc.

At the very least crew at attention will be included, probably using the snorkel slot.

Tried and failed to get a crewman waving his cap added to the men on deck; however, I think I know where I went wrong and will try again this evening.

In other news, finished adding new high-res bronze propellers to the submarine, plus propeller shafts and tail assembly, all looking nice. (Note the screenshots above don't show the props, they were not complete and very ugly at the time.)

Conducted a stress test with about 40-50 men on deck in a mission with 10 high detailed battleships, plus heavy particle effects. No framerate problems!

Lowering the poly count on tank openings tonight too.

Also researching old photos etc to convert the U-31 model to U-23 Class, and then U-27 Class - very similar boats.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote