Old 06-24-21, 08:43 AM   #52
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
^ Wow! We should rename vienna Mr Lucky

Hey, I'm buying the brand name stuff at the market when I get the card...

The lucky ones here in CA are the persons who got the jab(s) and were selected in the State drawing for prizes ranging from USD $500,000 to $1.500,000; I don't think I'm eligible for those drawings, but, hey, fifty bucks is fifty bucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
what’s funny was that I didn’t get any side effects, nothing really. Had baseball events both days that I got my shots and I never felt any soreness or sickness at all

The reactions to vaccines, and medications in general, can widely vary among individuals; I had a very severe reaction to the first of two shingles vaccine jabs I got and was laid up for a bit over three weeks, but the second jab only affected me for a couple or so days; the Covid jabs (Pfizer) really didn't affect me anywhere near as badly as the shingles first jab; medications, for me, have always been iffy and, sometimes, risky; I have severe reactions to two commonly used pain/anesthesia medications, Demerol and Fentanyl, and that aversion has been a big problem when I've had procedures or surgeries since, given my age and conditions, other alternatives carry some even riskier side-effects or complications; I'm supposed to have spinal surgery to correct nerve damage in my neck and lower back, but, aside from the pandemic restrictions on 'elective' surgeries, the neurosurgeon is concerned about the risks on someone my age, let alone the risks of anesthesia...

Physical size and/or appearance of superior health doesn't always assure a benign reaction; many of us, I am sure, have experienced mass inoculations where you've stood in line and watched some big, healthy muscle guy get a vaccination only to crumble into a heap while the classic '98 pound weakling' guy just shrugs it off and strolls away...

I agree with El Whacko: the jab is well worth the trouble, given the possible alternatives if you catch Covid, the putative risks espoused by the tinfoil hat/conspiracists don't rely hold up in the bright light of scientific/medical fact; even the known and provable negative effects of the Covid jab are no worse,and, in many cases, way less and far less prevalent than the known effect of vaccines already widely in use and accepted by the vast majority of the public; you probably have a greater risk of enduring food poisoning from a fast food place than you do of having a serious effect from a Covid jab....

So, get the jab(s) ans stay safe...

<O>