View Single Post
Old 09-08-23, 12:52 PM   #15
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Having about a day's worth of playing this game now (free on Steam) I must say I am partially impressed... Partially.

The base game as it is now is nice enough, a bit grindy for newcomers like myself but it did not take long before one (presumably) veteran reached out out of nowhere and next thing I knew, I had a bunch of money and a ship 'gifted to me. Point here is, it seems to me there is a healthy community there (quite possibly there are less healthy groups there as well but so far I have only met good guys).

One thing that took me aback was, even though the base game is free, the price for the DLC is well in DCS territory. Not only that but some of that DLC I really wonder why it isn't included in the base game. Take this Flags DLC. A bunch of flags to choose from to liven up your ship(s) but 21 quid is STEEP! Never mind the 50+ quid DLCs they offer. Pay to win? In DCS it makes more sense as the modules there are pretty complex and require a ton of work each. For simplified sailing ships, I think I'll pass on those.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote