View Single Post
Old 05-25-22, 08:06 PM   #37
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Comprehensive means just that, not a half ass-ed wink and a nod.
That still doesn’t explain what a comprehensive background check is. It’s a feel good statement.

Quote:
I'm all for 2nd amendment and hunter rights. August had pointed something out in an earlier post. It's not so much the weapons but the crazies behind them. With that in mind, I think we can all agree that mentally unbalanced and unstable people shouldn't have access to weapons.
I think we can agree. But AGAIN I ask, if a someone has never visited a psychiatrist who can make a professional diagnoses which could prevent someone from legally possessing a firearm what good is your comprehensive background check going to do? Next question is what mental disorder are you speaking of that would disqualify someone from possessing a firearm?

Quote:
We have had 2 major shootings in 6 days in Texas and Buffalo New York. Only an Idiot would say we don't have an epidemic or problem. With the public having access to weapons, things will happen. I submit that the vast majority of people with weapons are law abiding, forthright and stable people. Crazy and moronic people with guns are the problem.
Don’t forget the Asian hate crime in California.

Yet we have a crap ton of laws already on the books which quite clearly explain to the community that killing another is wrong and a punishable offense. Still, there are both insane and sane who disregard the multitude of laws already on the books and kill. If someone has never had any priors or convictions that snazzy comprehensive background check will like the mental health check reveal absolutely nothing which disqualifies a buyer.

There is one law on the books that has been proven time and time again which points to the reason why people including those who never had priors or mental disorders kill. It’s the Law of Causation maybe start looking into that to find root causes because it sure as hell doesn’t seem to me lack of comprehensive background checks or enacting more laws will prevent people from having so little regard for another’s life.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote