View Single Post
Old 05-25-22, 07:26 PM   #35
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What the hell does ‘comprehensive background check’ mean? IMO it’s a meaningless political catch phrase. But just in case I’m wrong maybe you can enlighten me.

How on earth will this mental health check be of any help if someone has never visited a doctor of psychiatry and been diagnosed with a mental disorder and what mental disorder would you deny someone legal possession of a firearm?

If someone like this 18 year old child has no record of any felony or certain misdemeanor charges convictions what will a background check prove?

How about we sheetcan social media platforms, dump the cell phones, turn off the TV, stop handing out medications to ‘fix’ children’s behavior like it was candy, learn how to write a letter instead of texting

There isn’t a law anywhere on any of the books that ‘stops’ anyone or can prevent people from doing anything they want. It takes more than a bunch of idiot politicians and drama queens bickering like little girls and calling each other names and baby killers and generating even more laws. IMO it’ll take a helluva lot more than those clowns on the hill can do.

Comprehensive means just that, not a half ass-ed wink and a nod. I'm all for 2nd amendment and hunter rights. August had pointed something out in an earlier post. It's not so much the weapons but the crazies behind them. With that in mind, I think we can all agree that mentally unbalanced and unstable people shouldn't have access to weapons.

We have had 2 major shootings in 6 days in Texas and Buffalo New York. Only an Idiot would say we don't have an epidemic or problem. With the public having access to weapons, things will happen. I submit that the vast majority of people with weapons are law abiding, forthright and stable people. Crazy and moronic people with guns are the problem.

To be sure, without guns, these people will find other ways to kill but won't be able to kill as many in such a short amount of time and give law enforcement time to to arrive and restrain them or take them out. If people want to kill, they will do it with knives, baseball bats, cars, rocks etc..... You pointed that out and you are right that this individual didn't show up " on radar."

It hasn't been reported that this individual had any mental issues but they are still investigating. There are no hard and fast ways to prevent shootings but certainly, if the will was there, these schools could be made secure relatively cheaply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
At some point we will need to address the boundaries between HIPAA and Public Safety and that won't be easy nor pleasant.

None of this will be easy but we need to start somewhere.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 05-25-22 at 07:35 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote