View Single Post
Old 03-11-14, 01:18 AM   #8
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

You cannot have a good naval simulation in a "persistent" (whatever that means given people logging in and out) MMO, period. It is fundamentally impossible.

Say a sub sim. Patrol is several weeks. How can even 2 people play? If I compress time to get to the patrol area, even if you use the same compression to meet me for a wolfpack, what happens if you drop out because of an aircraft? You are at 1:1 for even a minute, and I'm still zooming along at warp speed. We're now in different universes.

PvP is possible in a sim, but a sim and MMO, doesn't work.

The tactical looks great, though, so it might be possible to simulate single engagements very well.

My ideal age of sail game would literally be like SH4 with a frigate instead of a sub

You could have a way for a kind of "instant action" where players using the game can spawn into other people's campaigns as the hostiles they encounter.

I'm alternately excited about NA, and fearful it will be as crap as PotBS was/is.

Last edited by tater; 03-11-14 at 11:35 AM.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote