View Single Post
Old 07-16-10, 04:08 PM   #760
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
Looks great! Can they be shot down though? I've got some pictures of one I took at the Fleet Air Arm museum, if that would help?
No, they can't be shot down. You were right they are actually bombs. The shooting is aimed at the bomber that dropped them, which is how they were dropped in real life. And was also commented on that that was the weak link, the bombers were easy targets.
Although I didn't increase the drop speed, the real Ohka was almost impossible to shoot down anyway since once it hit the rocket engines it was going about 500mph (according to the info I heard on a TV special, which doesn't make it true). But every source I have read stated the same, that they were almost unstoppable because of the speed.
There were several models developed, but most were just too late to do any good.
I got a chuckle when I read they built a two seater for training.....OK, class dismissed. BOOMMMMMMM.
I would like to see the pics, I find them very interesting, even if they didn't accomplish much. I did find out late, that some had 3 jet engines, so I may have made a mistake there.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote