View Single Post
Old 09-20-17, 12:02 AM   #37
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Webster, you have Windows 10? You CAN set the default browser for Vivaldi but changing it from a Microsoft product takes an act of Congress and the Control Panel. Even if the option to make your default browser Vivaldi exists in the Vivaldi menus, Windows 10 ignores this. Your choices don't matter to Microsoft. Like I said, you can work around in Control Panel.

Once you get Windows bludgeoned into recognizing Vivaldi as your default web browser desktop shortcuts will automatically open Vivaldi, not that Edge monster thing.
no its win 7

doesnt seem to be a way to force acceptance so im trying to get used to opening vivaldi to click my internet links,.

still dont like that though, im used to direct desktop links

its actually slower then explorer 11 but not bad, just not as quick, it doesnt load everything hangup free though

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I could have sworn that I posted yesterday on here Webster, about some of the settings you asked about... If you have Vivaldi at its "Default" settings still, in the lower left border is a gear wheel. click on that for the settings

1. Startup tab: Set the "Home Page" (upper right) to "Specific Page", and put in what you want.

2. Same tab: Startup with section to "Home Page"

3. Appearance tab: middle of the page is the "Zoom" - set it to what you want.

4. Tabs tab: Set the "New Tab Page" to "Homepage, and new tabs will open to what you start with...

150% zoom is too much on my computer, and I'd have to use about a 135% instead, else I've got all sorts of sites that don't fit on a single page properly... That means that I needs to go out an buy me a new monitor screen mates... Arrrrr - Happy US National Talk Like A Pirate Day!
thanks, i managed to figure those out, the only issue im having still is, im used to internet shortcuts on my desktop, and now, i have to get used to opening the browser page first, before being able to click the links, and the fact i cant name them (because they must use the web address) bugs the heck out of me