Old 01-25-20, 03:33 PM   #44
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I'm not one to worry and I'm not being a chicken little,
Nor am I, but I see it like many peopole in Asia: there it is an issue of oliteness and respect that you try to reduce the risk to others if you have a flu yourself, or just a cold - by wearing a mask. Its a scoail nornm, and I think it is a good one. And if you need to go to the supoermarket or to town, and it is known that a pandemic, not even an overly lethal one, is working its way thoruzgb the place, it is a reaisbale thing to be prepared a bit and protect yourself a bit. If they wlulkd say on radio that the water in the tube is infested, you would not continue to drink it would, you?

Hysteria or exaggerated concerns and worries have little to do with it. Its not about beign a chicken, but about being reasonable. Mioght save you from days in bed with high fever, bone pain and a terrible headache.

I do not get yearly injections of the latest flu immunization. Simply because I am amongst people so rarely these days that the risk by that alone is so low that I skip getting an immunization. Also, I do not want to know how many come back from the doctor and after having sat in the waiitng room for half an hour or longer, go back home sicker than they have arrived at the doctor. Waiting rooms at doctors are risk zones.