View Single Post
Old 04-23-13, 05:54 PM   #1
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Default Outlook/IMAP problems

Okay, I've had the same IMAP email accounts from the same ISP mail server(s) set up in Outlook 2010 for years with no problems.

Now all of a sudden every time I open the Inbox of my main default account, I get the following error:

Quote:
Your server reported a UID that does not comply with the IMAP standard. This typically indicates a server bug. Your program may not function properly after this.

Account: <myemail>@<mymailserver>.com

MsgSeqNum 88, New UID 4477. Prev UID: 4477, Next UID: 0.
Protocol: IMAP
Server: imap.fuse.net
Port: 143
Error Code: 0x800CCCDC
I googled the error code and found a lot of stuff about it, people reporting problems with various different IMAP servers. Plus a few common "fixes" for it, none of which are working for me. Also references to possibly corrupted .pst files but no real direction on how to address that problem, aside from a few dodgy looking websites advising me to Download And Run Their Free PST File Cleaner Now!!!! which... um, no thanks. Some places online are saying it's a problem with one's particular IMAP server, rather than Outlook, but knowing that doesn't help much. Anybody have any info or experience with this, or any suggestions on what to try next?

It's not like I can't send or receive mail, but I can't access my Inbox in Outlook without having to clear a bunch of popup error warnings every single time I click on it. It's very annoying.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote