View Single Post
Old 08-20-08, 10:15 PM   #675
Brenjen
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default Aircraft Question?

First off thanks for the mod; this is my first look at the TM series...I was running the 1.4 with the gauges,buttons,ID manual & scope identical to the TM ones as stand alones & when I added 1.5 they all fubared & went to that cartoon looking colorful brass & green & yellow crap. I wouldn't play SH4 if I had to look at that the whole time & I tried TM & discovered my beloved sub interior mods already incorporated - so again THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you!

My question is this; (yes I read the FAQ here & in the game folder), will the "fewer air contacts" mod work with TM or is there a way to tweak the number of contacts downward a bit to a more realistic level? My first mission I was running into search planes & Betty's criss crossing the Pacific from literally outside Midway harbor all the way to Japan like I had a Japanese airstrip following me.

Take into consideration that I copied the SH4 folder with my saved games into a fresh install of vanilla SH4 / 1.5 add-on / JSGME / TMO for 1.5 / TMO u-boat patch & it was installed in that order....I don't know if that will negatively affect the mod or not; I'm no modder or programmer I just muddle through by reading directions & I thought I'd mention it as it's the only unique program oddity.

EDIT: I think some of the problems were due to me having the U-Boat patch installed & playing the Pacific side, I un-installed the patch & a few glitches cleared up. My CO2 will now vent @ the surface & there are 1 - 3 less air contacts per 1/2 hour lol. I didn't realize the patch had to be enabled to play U-Boat add on & then DIS-abled to go back to the Pacific side...eh; first day.

Last edited by Brenjen; 08-21-08 at 12:26 AM.
Brenjen is offline   Reply With Quote