vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Wow, congratulation on the update!

Now all the game needs is my opinion this:

1: Better AI for planes. For example, planes should drop their bombs on the position where the submarine submerged. Now you are safe once you get below the surface. Planes on a bomb run will immediately abort the run once the submarine has submerged.
I can not agree more. I once asked TDW pretty much the same question but all he said is that there isn't much space for planes AI improvements. Yes, planes are quite dumb when it comes to bombs BUT, when they got rockets in later campaigns it's a completely different story IMO. I commonly get sunk on my first patrol when testing late war campaigns...

Quote:
2. Better AI for ships. While I was still playing my campaign I noticed that convoys almost always travel in a straight line. There is no zig zag movement, unless you have been detected. This makes it very easy to set up near perfect shots.
This is not entirely true. Here's few examples how convoys constantly change their course, which can make most of the radio reports from BdU unusable...

As you can see, I wouldn't call it a straight line exactly...

Quote:
Also Destroyers stay within the formation as long as you have not been detected. They do not sweep ahead or to the sides.
This is the case in SH3? I never noticed that...

Quote:
SH3 with GWX unfortunately has better AI than what we see now in SH5 + TWOS.
I don't know, this is a subject for wider discussion. I found SH3 destroyers to be much more predictable and somehow all the same. I remember that one of the main tactics to avoid destroyer attack in SH 3/4 was so called "down a throat shoot from stern tube" (or something like that). Although quite ridiculous IMO, it become something like legitimate tactics in previous SH titles...Yes, IRAI isn't perfect but it has it's advantages...Same goes for SH5+TWoS, but you already know that!

Quote:
Id say these points are the main reasons preventing me from starting a new campaign in SH5 at the moment.
And I'd say that only learning celestial navigation using Alpheratz's video tutorials is reason enough to start new campaign...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote