View Single Post
Old 12-03-21, 10:45 PM   #343
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

13 August 1942

Japan
USS Haddock engaged a pair of light cargo ships near Kyushu. It missed the first with torpedoes, then engaged the other on the surface. It probably scored enough gun hits on it to sink it, but fired torpedoes anyway and got one to detonate.

Thailand
The enemy started sending their fighters to the Raheng area instead of Tavoy. We traded a Mohawk for an Oscar there, while we were able to bomb Tavoy unmolested.

Our land forces attacked, despite the change in balance in the air it wasn't enough, casualties were about 200 to 100 favoring them. We might have to wait for reinforcements from our reserve force in Moulmein.

China
At Tsiaotso, slightly north of Chengchow, the enemy tried to bomb us with 22 Sonias. The Chengchow CAP diverted and splashed 7 of them. Damage on the ground was insignificant.

We hit Hong Kong again, and again the results were poor. One Wellington was shot down by the Nates guarding it.

Sumatra
The elite New Zealander squadron showed its appreciation for their brand new P-40s by shooting down 5 Zeroes with no losses.

Solomons
Our B-17s got another mine tender at Guadalcanal, no losses. It still looks like there's much more here to get. I'm going to take a bit of a chance here--recon flights over Guadalcanal and Rabaul say there aren't any bombers around, so I'm sending a few cruisers up there for a port call.

Reinforcements
CLAA Juneau arrives at Balboa
AM Wallaroo arrives at Sydney
SC-708 arrives at Eastern USA