View Single Post
Old 11-07-06, 01:54 PM   #91
Cue-Ball909
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I don't remember exactly what time compression I was running, but I'm sure it was at least 32X, probably more like 128. I don't think I'd gone through a night cycle on that career yet since I left port very early in the morning (it was pitch black). It was definitely daylight when I was spotted by the destroyer though. It also seemed like he was AWFULLY close for having just been spotted. My bridge was fully manned with officer and crew and the green bar was full.

I started a new career last night (my third in two days <sigh> ) and actually got to leave the docks during daylight hours for the first time. I'm in a type IX heading towards sector BE, IIRC. I think I've been out to sea for about two days now and have yet to see or hear a thing.

Is there a way to have the game pause when your crew spots something during time compression? I hate the choices of essentially "dive or do nothing". If I spot a ship I dont necessarily want to dive. I want to stay just outside of his visual range and get his identity/range/speed. I'm also curious if it's worth my time to dive, cut engines, and check the hydrophone every so often. I've been doing that every four hours like clockwork and have never had a hydrophone contact. So far all of my sightings have been visual.