View Single Post
Old 12-27-16, 07:03 AM   #6593
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromech84 View Post
Hey guys, I thought I'd try out TWOS after a long break from Silent Hunter. Looks really nice so far. I've been having an issue with my game freezing up in the navigation map though.

I have the real navigation options running so I can't see my boat location in real time. A good tool for this is to use the navigation fix marker right? That way you can have a marker with a time stamp on it. Well, sometimes when I place one of the navigation fix marks, it freezes my game up. It does freeze 100% of the time for me when I tell the navigator to report the last known position (the option on the far right on his reports), he marks a black dot so I place a fix there and it locks up on me when I overlap his and mine.. Other times it's just luck of the draw when I place fixes in random spots on the map.

Just wanted to see if you guys know of a solution to this or if there is a work around. I would really like to have a mark with time stamp for plotting purposes.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainiere View Post
I sometimes experience the same game freeze when relocating a navigation fix. Hovering over a fix, pressing 'c' and clicking on the map at the desired location to place the fix will sometime result in a freeze. It seems related to your description.

My mod list: Main mod, Update 3a, Real Navigation, Wind & Smoke, 1.06 Deck Gun Friendly Waves, EQuaTools Large Compass. I tried without the latter as it is not a TWoS mod but that made no difference.
This wasn't reported until now and I have never had similar issues. Could be something driver/OS/hardware related but it's just a guess... Maybe you two should exchange few private messages in order to track down what do you have in common which can lead to this problem...

BTW, do you guys run your game with administration rights?

Last edited by vdr1981; 12-27-16 at 07:12 AM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote