View Single Post
Old 12-02-19, 01:27 PM   #5386
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnee View Post
Fought my way thru to a Campaign, was able to obtain a Type XXI and made it to the Caribbean. Liked to hunt there due to the tanker traffic.

Anyways, down to my last 4 torps, ALL Type V accoustic's, found a nice fat T-3 tanker and hit him will ALL FOUR. Then watched him creep away at 1 knot -- why I always liked having a deck gun. Bummer.

End of campaign as by time I got back to base message announced war was over!

Started a new one, from Wilhelmshaven in a Type II (fun) but now into 1/41 in a type VII I renamed U-96 -- probably the boat I will hang onto until 6/44 when I can get another XXI. One patrol amassing 40K+ tonnes and have gotten the Knights Cross with swords/gold leaves/diamonds.

Looking forward to Drumbeat!
A while ago I tried starting a late campaign in GWX with an XXI, didn't do to well as in my first mission the base at Bergan was attacked within a minute of me leaving port by a formation of about 20 B17's, half of which decided to come for me. Water was too shallow to dive, the powerful AA guns on that thing managed to shoot one down by some miracle. Ended up having to restart about 3 times before I threw in the towel on running into shallows in the Fjords attempting to get into the North Sea!
FeatsOfStrength is offline   Reply With Quote