View Single Post
Old 08-30-22, 02:30 AM   #19
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Thanks Kapitan for the explanation, but there are some things that still do not add up. If taxes and treaties were not followed by England anyway during its time of membership in the EU, why did prices already rise that much before 2019 and corona?
Quote:
in fact the RHA own poll in 2016 showed over 60% of companies favored leave.
What is the "RHA"? I doubt 60 percent of companies was favoring brexit. They knew what was coming, and a lot just did not make it. Maybe good for the surviving rest and bigger monopolies, but not for competition, economy and the people. Skyrocketing prices in England have a lot to do with brexit, the numbers are just not exact after all this other stuff happening and blurring the picture. A lot less people are buying in England, some companies have left, new companies think twice before settling in England or opening stores there.
Nothing to do with corona, and not with the war in Ukraine either.

Quote:
pre covid fuel prices here were $1.09.9, during covid that slumped to 0.69.9 at its highest it has reached $2.37.9 and today as I filled up in its sitting at $1.63.9 (each province is different AB is currently on $1.39.9 and it never exceeded $2) prices per liter.

I think it will go down but there will be a new norm higher than before all this started.
I agree with the latter, crude oil prices have meanwhile fallen, but the prices demanded will of course never fall that much if people are willing to pay that.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote