View Single Post
Old 07-20-09, 08:22 AM   #1
Loud_Silence
Planesman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Strange problems with my hard disk

This morning I started my XAMPP to fix some web pages i'm making for practice. But while opening the main XAMPP page on the browser Apache crashed with a “send report” window.

Then I passed checkdisk on C and it found some errors. I passed it a few days before, when I rearranged my PC case, and it didn't found any problems.

I set a checkdisk scan after rebooting to fix the errors. It finished after about half an hour and restarted. A message told me that there were no more errors on the disk and I started windows, but when i passed a read-only checkdisk again it found more errors.

I've been all the morning defragmenting and passing more checkdisks, but it always finds some errors. Maybe the file system table is messed up badly, but if it's a serious physical problem, then i'm screwed up. But i've checked the other partitions on the disk and they are fine...
Sometimes, checkdisk doesn't find any errors, but it says at the end of the line "fixing errors on the volume bit map; windows found problems with the file system" (I use the spanish version of windows so i don't know if thats exactly how the message is on the english version)

I'm thinking about making a deep format on C and reinstall everything, but i'm not sure that would work. I'm also worried about the windows installer finding another error on the partition and not allowing me to install it. I don't have enough money for a new hard disk, not even a small one to just install windows on.

What can i do? What do you think? Please, I need help. Thank you

-Sorry for the bad english
Loud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote