Old 04-08-08, 03:47 PM   #12
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnon
hi!

First of all- thank you for replying, though in a little delay. I thought you would never try it.
Sorry, I always have more to do than I can and usually someone have to wait then. I am an very busy indi.

Quote:
I have never heard a sub engine before, so I can't tell the difrense... But I'll take your word.
There are some samples from the Type VII somewhere on the net. Don't remember the link now though.

Quote:
Quote:
That means it need to bear comparisons with games like SHIII & IV and soon a V.
:hmm: That wasn't exactly my goal.
Yes I know but people know SHIII and alike and it's simple the reference and naturally they will compare it with them.

Quote:
I was trying to make something BIG with my programming skills. And a uboat sim is a big project. That month I worked very hard and a lot of hours to get to the point where it is now.
You still working on it ?

Quote:
The Spitfire is fun! You can also fire the deck gun and the torpedo...
Ah yeah that Spitfire. Also consider the phenomenon that a developer will always find his work good already only because he did it with his own hands in many hours of work. As a rule of thumb consider that others will find your game probably not nearly as funny as you would.

Quote:
Well... I can't say that you are wrong. I call it "Old-school 3D". The models are in 2D, but the general view is in 3D. Meaning, that the positions of the sprites in the landscape is 3D. Giving us "Eye-view" sight.
Yeah, noticed.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't know how to handle 3D models in my program...
You don't even need to know it. Have you C++ skills ?

Quote:
The graphic engine of the "2D sprites, 3D Eye-view" was made by myself, using 4 code lines of trigonometric functions. That is something I'm proud of.
Though I must agree it is not the most uptodate graphic option for simulator.
Ahh, yes. The first steps in game making are so innocent

Reminds me on my self as I tried to make a simple sub command clone in ascii

Quote:
I think some of the newest sims like Danger from the Deep are too much 3D, because it doesn't even work on my computer...
I don't think it is too much 3D but there is rather a problem somewhere. Perhaps you simple need brand new drivers that supports the latest OpenGL version which DFTD uses.

Quote:
Maybe I should've said that before, when I said realistic, I meant the speed, the fire range and so on...
Ok I see. Maybe we have somewhat different expectations from the word realistic.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote