Old 04-27-23, 07:13 PM   #832
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 February 1944
Bangkok defenders turn British away, heavy casualties on both sides

Philippines
USS Sargo hit a cargo ship with a Mk14 and nearly sank it. Good chance it still goes down before it gets to Manila or Cam Rhan Bay.

Finally, additional troops are landing on Iloilo. This should be over with tomorrow. The landings caused damage to an LCI and an LST, and another LST got absolutely shredded on the bottom and had to be scuttled.

The now-daily raid on Manila lost a B-24 to flak. 24 Airbase hits, 4 port hits.

Burma and Thailand
That 3 cruiser 21 destroyer task force shelled my troops at Bangkok again, 6 casualties. I really wish I could get an airstrike on these guys.

I decided to make a push for Bangkok since the troops weren't being subjected to any serious disruption from the light bombardment. This was 80k troops vs 50k, which didn't go well thanks to the enemy defending a fortified position. Casualties 3269 to 5395 favoring Japan, with forts being reduced to Level 3 (still pretty serious). We may have to resort to a long siege to pull this off.

Japan also made another airdrop on Mergui, a bit bigger than the last so it looks like enemy troops were able to survive the initial assault. It's going to take more than this to take it back from me, though.

Air raids:
east of Bangkok (ground forces): 171 casualties
Bangkok (ground forces): 33 casualties

Marianas
USS Grampus torpedoed and crippled a troop transport (7470 tons) northwest of the Marianas. And just when it looked like this ship might survive too, Grampus decided to "be more aggressive" and re-attacked, finishing the Maru off.

DEI
Air raids:
Surabaya (airbase and port): 1 port hit, 10 airbase hits
Kendari (ground forces): 0 casualties

China
Land combat:
near Kiukiang, bombardment attack, casualties 54(J) to 14 (A)