View Single Post
Old 01-26-17, 08:52 PM   #57
Admiral8Q
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

1997 was actually a pretty rough year for me. I had a nervous break-down, similar to what is called PTSD now. I tried "running away", from what or to where wasn't even in my mind. I wasn't thinking straight. Just in a panic. I ended up in the wilderness as far north as I could get in Northern Ontario. After a couple weeks (or maybe more) of survival camping in the forest, I finally snapped out of it, and my mind cleared up. I ended up moving to Sioux Lookout which was quite a ways south of where I had been wandering in the woods. It was quite terrifying, I'll admit, being alone and cut off completely from civilization. However, I don't regret it, it was a powerful learning experience.

Anyways, it wasn't until about two years later, I bought Silent Hunter 2 and quickly discovered the Wolf Pack League and really got into the community. Joined SubSim itself I think about two years after that. I think the socializing, goofing around, and the exchange of knowledge, the art work, the trivia etc in the Wolf Pack League/SubSim community really helped me stabilize, to be honest. SH2/DC was probably my favorite multiplayer game of all time, especially because everyone in SubSim were respectful of others and the agreed upon rules in the game.

Admiral8Q is offline   Reply With Quote