View Single Post
Old 07-27-11, 06:57 AM   #3058
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotiBomba View Post
It can't be any worse for sure... But it's still 1944, and i seriously consider to flee to Guatemala and sell my U-boat. Buy a new house there, find pretty latina wife and become fisherman...
I wonder if the commander of U-760 had similar wishes... Here's an excerpt from u-boat net:

On September 8, 1943, U-760 was sailing on the surface alongside the U-262 when they were attacked by a British Wellington aircraft (Sqdn 179/C) about 150 miles out of Cape of Finisterre. The U-760 arrived at Vigo harbor and was put under the supervision of the Spanish Navy cruiser Navarra. After 24 hours the boat had not left the harbor (the neutrality laws allowed this time frame for emergency repairs and such) and it was interned. The boat was taken to El Ferrol where she remained until the end of the war.

Maybe you can sail to Guatemala, burn all your petrol on the way and report to BdU that very unfortunately the boat has no fuel left.

It'll be no more torpedoeing of ships for you, but on the other hand you might get a vessel or two with a small periscope with your pretty latina wife That would not be too bad, I think