View Single Post
Old 10-12-23, 07:32 PM   #190
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Airlink is no thing that runs smooth all by itself. I finally managed to get it running, but I had to link via cable first, then in the cable options switching on an option that airlink should deactivate cable, and then suddenly the airlink link connection was there. But then the roomguard boundary marker was all time on. Something does not work as it should, and Airlink still does not link to the PC that it finds if not hanging on a cable first, which makes the whole idea somewhat pointless. The drivers of Oculus Rift always were a highly sensible affair back with the Rift, the headset broke down several times, always it was in the software something that did not work all of a sudden anymore. It seems they still follow that tradition.

I must say however, that as a standalone headset without link, the set worked flawlessly this afternoon.

I checked two cinemas in Virtual Desktop on PC and was shocked again hiow ver ymuch better they looked than in the G2, so smooth, smooth like silk, and clear in details and contours. And I though the G2 already were good!

I ordered the socalled Elite strap with battery. It should give a more comfortable hold, and doubles the running time of the battery to 4-6 hours.

Airlink will get solved sooner or later, one way or the other. But not tonight anmyore.