CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, team...

Ok, got a very weird one, here..

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Games\Silent-Hunter\SH4-Steam\steamapps\common\SH4-megamods\FotRS-U-EN\MODS]

FotRSU-EN v1.46
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
SEA_LIFE_SH4
Nippon v1.2.1
Fleetboat Interior-Officers Quarters_FOTRSU v1.39 EN
International Radio mod
RadioStationManager
1-MM's Gramophone music mix

On patrol, in a Sargo sub, out of Manila... 1st operational patrol.

Orders were to patrol 10 days, around Makung observe & report activity in the area, as is believed invasion force will sail from here..

Ok, hot footed it there, cranked 4 speed... & on station. Get sonar report of a contact.. get its base heading & got ahead & waited for it to get in range.

On it getting to where I could ID it.. set up fish for it & waited for it to get in better range with torp doors open (2) 1 considering its small size BUT it being a war ship.. a 2nd, set up... just in case.

It gets in range & I find Myself in the middle of a very strange... mystery...

[pb edit - several pix showing fore and aft - see original post]

Accordingly.. fore tubes are facing the target wrong... despite having My bow facing the right direction, with the target traveling from starboard to port... & is out ahead of Me.. add to that, after lock on... being told it is 30K from were I am.. when best guess.. 3500, to 4500 in front of Me, well would be when & if the right set of torp tubes was accurately locked on... that is.. when I would be unloading all holy hades on them, in the form of 1 torp kiss of death. If it doesn't dud out, that is... & they've gotten inside of that range when I go to fire the torps off...
YET, can't... as the wrong set of tubes (aft) are saying & declaring that they are the ones to be used... when they ain't.. as the aft end of the sub is most definitely NOT pointing in the targets direction....

End report.

M. M.

First of all, you don't mention pressing the PK to update the targeting. Second of all, I have never seen a 30k+ range with a lock before. The longest range I've ever been able to obtain has been just over 16k, while on the surface, clear sky, calm sea, using the observation scope, and then the lock wouldn't stick. All indications from your pix, are that the range is WAY off. Again, PK update? However, I wouldn't trust anything with that 30k+ figure, or anything targeting on your boat at all right now. We have done extensive testing of the mod, including the Salmon / Sargo, and never had anything like that. Of course though, we didn't have that mod list. If you did PK updates, why did the range not shorten (I am perplexed as to the source of that number)? If such is the case, I would be tempted to pull the Sea Life mod first (I can't think of what it would influence though), because I have used the Interiors mod, and not seen anything like that. The radio station mod shouldn't cause issue, and neither should the RSM. One other thing might be the order of the mods. You don't really need to have RSM "activated". It is an executable file in the "root" game folder, so de-activate that, and then just copy the exe file over, and your short-cut (if any) should still work. I would be tempted though, to put the Interiors mod 2nd to last, and the Sea Life last - but only if you didn't update the PK in those pix... If you did, then I would remove Sea Life first, see what happens with targeting. then remove the other mods, one by one and see what happens. Remember, 30k is well beyond what the game is capable of displaying for targeting... and it doesn't count in "feet" instead of "yards"... you are roughly 10k beyond the realm of possibility. Main thing though - what is the status of the PK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comder View Post
Good Day Gentleman,
I say congrats to the mod team on 1.46. So far playing very stable. I am going to edit the files for the sub mods I like to use at times. Propbeanie, I was wondering which group of campaigns you mite think as best to attach to the sub? I have in the past just took the group with the highest number to use. I would like to hear ideas on this. Thank you all for any info you can give.

Comder

Great Mod Guys
From the start of the war, the Porpoise / Tambor / Gar boats have the most for Pearl, but the Balao and Narwhal have 17 each, with the Narwhal starting the beginning of 1942, and the Balao in 1943 - easy enough to change though. Remember though, the S-18 / S-42 have quite a few up in Dutch Harbor... lol - The Porpoise, Salmon / Sargo have the most at Fremantle. Realistically though, anything but the S-Boats at Fremantle or Brisbane, since they "retire" earlier than the other boats, should work fine. The Porpoise boat does "retire" at Fremantle, but a strategic, user-induced transfer can fix that... basically, pick your poison, based upon whether you want the CenPac or SoWesPac. The boats with the higher numbers have a few different assignments than the other boats.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote