Thread: Corrupt save?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-13, 12:32 PM   #4
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Follow-up

For TorpX and any other interested readers...

After experimenting with various Mods and Mod-orders, it appears that TDW's DC_Water_Disturbance Mod was the culprit behind the occasional corrupted saves that I encountered. Over the past weekend, I started a few new careers and reloaded numerous mid-patrol saves with various Mod load-outs and only encountered the problem again with that particular Mod enabled (alone or in combination with others). Even so, CTD didn't occur every time I reloaded with that Mod enabled; it's certainly sporadic. I've also found a number of posts in other threads that identified similar problems with the DC_Water_Disturbance Mod, but nobody seems to have a good idea why this happens (AFAIK TheDarkWraith hasn't commented on it directly). For the record, I'm using TDW's Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage Mod; it doesn't appear to be the source of any of the earlier CTD issues.

I also used the process of elimination to figure out that the Nav Map Makeover for OM was the apparent source of the St. Nazaire harbor "relocation" issue. It wasn't such a great loss to remove that Mod though; the German Map Labels and Kriegsmarine Chart Colour Scheme Mods provided the improvements to the chart that I found were most useful.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote