View Single Post
Old 07-22-22, 11:46 AM   #4922
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0
Icon1 Second Patrol, USS Pike 18Feb1942

Ahoy Captains,

First, to the FotRS Team, Thank you for your work!

Enjoying the mod, no problems with installation. My boat is out of Pearl Harbor, USS Pike (SS-173), the date is 18Feb1942 and see the spoiler for additional information.

My first patrol was with Version 1.8 only. A shakedown cruise with new mod to get a feel for it, no problems encountered. With the first patrol under our belt and in our home port of PH, added the mods listed below. The boat came with stern mounted DG in which I prefer one mounted on the bow. After purchase of bow mounted DG, I saved while in the 'Office' and exited the game. Loaded the new save, checked the management page (F7), noticed the slots for DG were missing. Not a problem, made changes to the file, ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc, thanks to captains that are here to help people like me.

Now in our assigned area of the second patrol, weather is not fit for man or beast. Moonless night, cloudy and rainy skies with heavy fog, can't see your hand in front of your face. Sonar reports a several contacts, possibly our first action of this patrol. After plotting an intercept course, race to get in front of the convey. As the convey comes closer, can't see anything at periscope depth. Not knowing anything about the enemy ships. Using manual targeting, set up for a fast 90 degree attack by sonar. Suddenly a ship appears in the scope, are we too close to the target. No time to think about that. Fire four torpedoes towards the targets, dive to the safety of the depth as warship start pinging to find our location. As time ticks down on the stopwatch, hear an explosion, then another... Quick to safety but don't make too much noise... another explosion... where is the thermal layer? Then last torpedo finds its mark! While under the safety of the 'layer', reload as the pinging starts to fade away.

Manual targeting system working as expected, no problems Sir.

Without a ships ID and the PK off, can adjust range from 0 to 11,000 yards. turn dial to adjust angle on the bow and set speed of target.

End of Report.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]
100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Combined Roster
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks
453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks
454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT