View Single Post
Old 09-14-13, 05:04 PM   #72
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yes and Yes...It's something about camera controller. Periscopes are set to destrutable=No and only movement up and down is unavailable ,although you can still look through them and move view but they are pinned to down possition, ext.obj. controller is disabled , i think. When set UZO to destrutable=No nothing happens. I will check some other possibilities also... So far i think that only way to make UZO unusable is to disable his camera contr. Works just fine if you don't hit click spot where UZO were...
It makes sense: not being directly attached to its respective 3d model, but to a dummy bone in a second file, the UZO cam controller can't be damaged/destroyed. Try this then:

- open Uboot_Sensors.GR2 in Goblin Editor;
- merge Uboot_Sensors.zon;
- merge cameras.GR2 (path: data\Library);
- select the 3d UZO(s) and enable the Damage Editor;
- in the "Object linked to" section, select _Dummy_Cam_UZO;
- save the zon file.

In this way, the dummy UZO bone (owner of the camera controller), should be destroyed when the 3d UZO is destroyed. Alternatively, you could assign a damage controller (with sphere and box) directly to the dummy UZO, but I doubt it would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
For now there are two possibilities ... Let's say you have two rudders with 50 HP...One direct hit will leave both of them with ~20HP and their efficiency will be very reduced and sub will be very slow in turns. You escape with no other damage and when you reload game next time, boom, you have perfectly good rudders with no damage at all.Not good...

Other solution, one rudder 50HP, other 25HP...Direct hit will immediately destroy rudder with 25HP . You manage to escape without other hits and when you next time save and reload game you will have sub with just one perfectly good rudder. This way you will have consequences from rudder hit even after reload... See my point now?
In other words, you want to balance an oddity by introducing another oddity.

In your example the trick you are suggesting seems to work, but in practice there would be many eveniences of it not preventing damaged equipment from being magically fixed after a game reload. Yet, we would always have to live with one propeller, dive plane, etc. whose HPs are set too high/too low.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote