View Single Post
Old 09-14-13, 03:59 PM   #71
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Have you set the UZO as destructible? Is it physically removed from the boat when its HP's reach 0? I wonder why CTD's only happen with it, and not with periscopes
Yes and Yes...It's something about camera controller. Periscopes are set to destrutable=No and only movement up and down is unavailable ,although you can still look through them and move view but they are pinned to down possition, ext.obj. controller is disabled , i think. When set UZO to destrutable=No nothing happens. I will check some other possibilities also... So far i think that only way to make UZO unusable is to disable his camera contr. Works just fine if you don't hit click spot where UZO were...

Quote:
If I have understood properly, damage levels of some equipments are not saved, unless they get destroyed, in which case they are absent from the bot the next time a save game is reloaded. Is it so?
Yes...

Quote:
In any case I don't see your point about giving similar equipments different HPs. How is it going to help? Imo, while we wait for a proper fix, it is better leaving them as they are
For now there are two possibilities ... Let's say you have two rudders with 50 HP...One direct hit will leave both of them with ~20HP and their efficiency will be very reduced and sub will be very slow in turns. You escape with no other damage and when you reload game next time, boom, you have perfectly good rudders with no damage at all.Not good...

Other solution, one rudder 50HP, other 25HP...Direct hit will immediately destroy rudder with 25HP . You manage to escape without other hits and when you next time save and reload game you will have sub with just one perfectly good rudder. This way you will have consequences from rudder hit even after reload... See my point now?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote