Old 06-21-23, 07:57 AM   #119
Redwing6891
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default F.A.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas86 View Post
Thanks again Redwing, I am honored! I know what you mean, the game has been a longtime companion for me as well. Found it by chance in a game store in the 90s, and always went back to it. They managed to create a very memorable atmosphere in the game, everything from the palette, to the interaction of the crew.

Great links! I haven't found these earlier somehow. Pics look good - I have downloaded the ones that can help me, these will definately come in handy later!
Glad you found some of the pics useful, Andreas. Happy to scour the net for more or assist in any other way, if needed.

You're absolutely right with the memorable atmosphere. There is something about AOD that none of the other subsims managed to catch. It somehow felt like a submarine, and you got really attached to the crew. I have to admit I pulled rank and transferred them again onto my boat. Left all the other sound mods in place, just swapped the crew voices back. I missed them too much!

In the meantime... I am working my way up yet again from type II to VII and beyond. Slow going, lots of dud torpedoes on 1939/40 and frustrated attacks. But the career prize of your spruced up type VII awaits... Good hunting!
Redwing6891 is offline   Reply With Quote