View Single Post
Old 06-19-23, 07:55 AM   #116
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing6891 View Post
This mod is absolutely amazing! I happened across it completely by accident - and on Father's Day to boot - after doing the SubSim Skipper quiz for fun. Needless to say, my assessment came up as hardcore, so I decided to rummage around a bit on the website and found this.

Aces of the Deep has always been special to me, and while in the 90s I needed a 486 tower to run it, it now works on my tablet PC.

Your additions are wonderful, and very tasteful as well, in keeping with the original spirit of the game. The different menu screens look so much better, and the crew on the bridge is just genius. Particularly at night time, this looks really realistic.

I never took to the Command edition (though Onkel Neal's videos on it are very entertaining), as the sound in it was dodgy, and the sound in AOD adds so much to the immersion. Part of me misses the old crew voices but your additions are spot on, and after several decades of e-skippering the same crew, I don't mind a bit of a change. The old one all got promoted and moved on, in my mind. The engine and water noises are brilliant, and the new torpedo launch sound is great as well.

All in all, this is a marvellous labour of love for the first great subsim and I would like to say a big thank you for doing and sharing this. It has rekindled my passion for this old gem. Thank you very much.

Hats off!

Now back to the North Atlantic...

Redwing6891, I am not sure what to say.. Your comment here alone makes all the time spent on this mod worth it !! Thanks a lot for your kind words, I am thrilled that you enjoy it! Indeed it has been a labour of love, as AOD is very dear to me. And being true to the spirit of the game was always my goal, so this all makes me very, very happy to hear!

And if you find any anomalies, or any specific thing you would like to see improved, don't hesitate to drop me a pm!

Last edited by Andreas86; 06-19-23 at 08:04 AM.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote