View Single Post
Old 03-22-24, 07:07 AM   #13
GWB
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

this is frustrating because my lengthy post with attached image just got deleted where i tried to highlight the same issue.

I'm new here, so clean SH4 / FotRSU installation, following the instructions. The whole setup seems to work fine & as intended, UNLESS I turned the TDC difficulty up (which is what I want).

When this happens, the whole process of using periscope to ID the enemy ship, get range, AoB and so forth seems to work perfectly, but once the speed is sent over (which the TDC accepts by its own account) the target information is NOT kept updated, despite the scope being "locked" on target. The range to target does NOT tick down.

In addition to this, firing the torpedos fires them wherever the scope is looking, and not into the projected path of the ship, based on speed + angle and all that good stuff. I even unlocked the periscope to try and guestimate where target would be once the torp covered distance to target, and to my suprise, the torpedo still fired directly towards the ship (even though it was about 20 degrees off the bow!)

Somehow, my speed inputs are not being made use of by either the TDC for ship tracking purposes, nor the gyro settings on the torpedoes to make their initial turns towards target.

My screenshot shows the passage of time (stiched 2 together) with no change on the range. It shows the target is locked, the AoB was appx 40-45 degrees Starboard (ie approaching) and speed was set at 11kts (which the TDC shows as being accepted, alongside range).

The range was roughly 2500-3000 yards if memory serves, but it was NOT ticking down as the seconds went on by. Come to think of it, none of the values were updating, including AoB etc, all of which I updated several times, hoping at some point the TDC would "take hold".

Can anyone think of any ideas, short of playing this game on easy, which is exactly not what I wanted.

PS I did the install & activation instructions, including to install outside programfiles, the 4GB Memory address hack thing, and the running then deletion of docs / sh4 savegames folder contents... And otherwise the thing seems to work perfectly. Thanks in advance
GWB is offline   Reply With Quote