View Single Post
Old 05-04-12, 09:17 AM   #254
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I've discovered a new video for everybody on . He does a sonar only attack that works out quite nicely.

I hate to put any corrections to his technique here, but there are a couple that absolutely have to be covered.
  • He does all this from a stopped submarine. In a real submarine this wouldn't be possible. His results would have been just as good from a moving submarine. He was too worried about precision when precision is not on the menu with a sonar attack. I'd be moving at a knot or less while pinging and quite quickly when moving for a great firing position.
  • He uses a calculator for determining speed when it just isn't necessary. The number of hundred yards the target moves in three minutes is his speed in knots. If, as he did, you choose 15 minutes, that is five times three minutes. 2500 yards divided by five is 500 yards in three minutes: 5 knots. See how fast that is? Look Ma! No calculator!
  • Looks like he forgets to open torpedo tube doors before firing. In his case with the slow target it meant he hit the aft part of the target. With a faster target that buys you a miss.
  • He pauses the game. Real sub skippers couldn't pause the game and in his case it did not buy him any advantage. Use the three minute rule, keep sub speed at a knot when pinging and calculating and you're all good!
He did this in weather conditions so bad he couldn't cheat if he wanted to. He did it with naked SH4 1.5 so instructions are extremely clear. He is very well-spoken and complete. If you watch his video you WILL succeed at bagging a nice juicy target without ever laying your eyes on his filthy carcass.

What's not to like! Thanks HalfjackHJ! Great job! I'm editing post #1 to reflect the addition.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote