Old 07-25-20, 04:10 PM   #2477
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
With TDW Editor I can open _.GR2 files
But I admit that the GR2 format for SH5 bothers me.
I would love to find a tutorial from this great editor.
The most important point for me is being able to import / export 3D meshes ... but I can't find any of these functions in the Menu.

If a charitable soul wants to help me ... Thank you!
Unfortunately there is no tutorial or manual for GR2 editor, but if you'll have any problems with it I'll be happy to help and I'm sure others will too.

As for importing/exporting meshes:

1) Go into Bones tab and make sure Bones->Show is disabled:

2) Now go into Meshes tab, select mesh you wish to edit, and then you have options for export/import on the left:

Select "no" when prompted for strict/loose import. Strict import requires your new mesh to have the same number of vertices, so it's only good for small modifications to existing mesh.

GR2 Editor imports/exports to .obj format, since you modded SH3/4 you are familiar with it. It's rather strict with file format and depending on your 3D software, some errors might pop up. I can help with export/import options for Blender, but unfortunately I have no experience with Gmax.

Editor will be looking for 2 .obj files, one with your diffuse map and other with your AO map (you need to name files like: ShipName.obj and ShipName_AO.obj).
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote