View Single Post
Old 10-14-22, 05:10 PM   #5
Shady Bill
Silent but not deadly

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
When I see a European red Eichhörnchen, I immediately feel joy and my heart becomes lighter a bit.
I am mad for squirrels.
I am a big outdoor animal fan. Mainly because the more outside animals I attract, the more excited my cat gets.

I feed them a variety of nuts; peanuts, pecans and hazelnuts. The most squirrels I ever attracted was 12. They will all come to my backyard. I also give them peanuts in the shell which they find even more delightful.

I also have 4 bluejays who have taken up residence outside my home, and I have a couple of Downy woodpeckers and there is a beautiful Northern Flicker that shows up a lot.

Your european squirrels do seem much prettier. Mine have very bushy tails and thick coats, but they are very rat like in looks. They also seem to be very husky and muscular, but that might be the nuts... I will have to take some pictures. They are so tame from the feeding that I can come within feet of them even when walking my cat on her leash.

I make sure i don't overfeed them of course, and only feed during certain times of the month.
Shady Bill is offline   Reply With Quote