View Single Post
Old 06-10-23, 01:30 AM   #716
Tabris
Gunner

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Hello all, I am also getting the problem where the boat will not surface in a reasonable amount of time. I am mainly a Type XXI player but I have also tested the issue on the Type VII and it is consistent. On the XXI it is even worse, as Emergency Surface does not fix the issue typically. The boat only counts as "surfaced" after slowly climbing its way to 7m, regardless of what the cfg file has the boat's "surfaced depth" set to. I also tried editing the boat's draught in the .dat file, that didn't help either. This is quite the confounding problem - I can find nothing in the GUC mod files that would influence when the watch crew go on deck. Can anything be done?

Edit: did more testing and verified that the problem is 100% in one of the files in the Submarine/NSS[...] folder for each specific boat, as I dumped that directory by itself into my build of the game and the problem was present. Of course now I'm considering trying a full reinstall, but...you know how it is. My modlist is so long, many of which are heavily customized. Before doing that I'd like to wait and see if someone reports back how they fixed it. I use GWX for context. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by Tabris; 06-10-23 at 02:59 PM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote