View Single Post
Old 03-30-23, 09:49 PM   #156
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
22 thousand plus gun control laws in this country have failed to solve the problem. Failed to even reduce the problem. Even more constitutionally infringing laws and regulations can not be the answer.

I think we need to do two things. We need to harden our school perimeters and provide security. We also need to have a conversation on how the medias coverage of these events and their perpetrators may actually be contributing to their frequency.
Indeed, after this sad event in Tennessee, there have been " copy cat " events country wide in the last few days. Security seems to be a very easy and rather elusive means to address these recurring issues. To the Law Enforcement officers credit who responded to this active shooter situation, they handled this situation as quick as humanly possibly and most likely averted more innocent lives being lost in dispatching this disturbed individual.

Legislatures in various states have floated the idea of having licensed and armed teachers. Some colleges are allowing their students to come to college armed, provided they have a legally obtained concealed carry license. I'm not sure how good of an idea this is however, one thing I am sure of.

Properly armed and trained people who carry weapons make very poor targets and for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 03-30-23 at 10:52 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote