View Single Post
Old 02-24-24, 04:48 PM   #1
Plingus
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Support Can't shake the Tommies!

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Subsim games (100hrs on UBOAT, 80hrs on SH3), and I'm having a hell of a time shaking destroyers on SH3 GWXOneAlex edition. July 1941. I hit a convoy, two kills, dived, silent run, 50RPM, 120 meters, and I begin to be pursued by 1 destroyer. Calm seas, but should be no problem. I evade his attacks rather well, until he runs out of charges. He tracks me perfectly, no amount of evading seems to work. He goes over me, I evade, then a minute later, "Enemy is pinging us, sir!" This repeats. He has been following me for 8 hours, and probably hasn't dropped a depth charge in 7 hours. Now the weather has gone sour and I've long since lost the convoy and he still won't quit. During another convoy attack, I was chased for 12 hours by a destroyer that had somehow caught on fire. Same thing, no charges, tracked me perfectly. What's odd is, that time I was chased for 12 hours, I became convinced the game was bugged, so I reloaded a save, and he left almost instantly. Was that a fluke or is there something to be done about these relentless brits?

-Der Junge Kapitän

P.S

This is my first post, but this community is great. I'm a college student, getting my history degree soon, and I grew up on films like Das Boot, so the Atlantic War has always been one of my favorite parts of history. It's been great to find these games and this community of like minded people. Good hunting!
Plingus is offline   Reply With Quote