View Single Post
Old 07-22-22, 08:23 AM   #8
SPCPapaJoe
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Sorry I left everyone hanging! I thought I had email notifications set up here, but I had no idea anyone had posted! Thought I must be pretty boring. I came here to post an update and was surprised to see all of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Always make sure to:
3,Make sure are making a fresh save each time, never overwrite the saves.
4. Save in nav map view only.
Ahhhhh. So, as it turns out I have been overwriting 10 arbitrary saved game slots so as not to bloat the SSD. They add up over time! I may try writing fresh saves and see how that goes.

In the meantime I have discovered a workaround: just speed up time compression to 4x and daytime/nighttime work fine. For some reason 2x and 1x just don't work. They may let the sun sink, but they won't let it rise. I appreciate some of the detailed troubleshooting steps, but I think this workaround will be sufficient for me. I think I have come to accept I was overly obsessed with the sim running at real time. By not doing that, the sim will proceed at about the same pace as real life (since it only runs while I sleep at night), and I like that better.

In response to some other questions I saw, I'm running SH4 + Uboat missions. They come as two games from Steam, but I always launch Uboat missions. I haven't made any changes to TMO or RSRD or changed their order or anything. I would rather not change the installation path of the game at this point.

Playing an S boat in the Asiatic fleet, patrolling around Formosa and the Phillipines, so not super high/low latitudes. And after 20 days on patrol I just spotted my first small convoy! I had been attacked by planes repeatedly and thought there might not be any ships in this game.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.
SPCPapaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote