View Single Post
Old 06-27-22, 01:45 PM   #6
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCPapaJoe View Post
Silent Hunter 4 Steam edition with TMO 2.5 + RSRD. I'm on my first patrol, and for several days of sim time the sun has not risen. It's night all the time. I can see that the moon moves around the sky, but after it sets the stars stay out and it's pitch black. I had sunlight when I started the patrol, but that's about it. My gameplay style might be unusual. Normally I let the sim run overnight unattended at 1x or 2x time compression (to match how long a patrol would take in real time), then save in the morning, then close the game and shut down my PC to go to work. At night I load the last save and repeat. I've played SH4 like this for the past few weeks, and a week of sim time has passed since I left port. Has anyone else noticed this?

Side note: I've played SH3 + GWX for years this way and found that if I left the view on the map all the time I had a similar problem, but leaving the view on the control room fixed it-- no such luck with SH4.

Depends on location on earth as Propbeanie mentioned such as Arctic, also time of year. For example in SH $ Dark Waters mod, I have noticed that at higher latitudes in North Atlantic during summer months esp in July...it never really gets dark and even when it should be daylight, no sun some days, although its bright out.From September-May do not have issue. Mid to lte June noticed it starts and lasts through most of july into August, at or above above certain latitudes. Noticed this in higher latitudes of the pacific as well.

Other factors that can cause issues with sun/moon and weather is heavy use of time compression, depends a lot on individual machines running the sim, tabbing out to windows, and loading of saved games.

All the modding I have done to TMO, can say it can acts strangely at times to reloaded games, especially repeated reloads.

Always make sure to:

1. Save away from any other ships, etc. Make sure have no visual contacts
or anything on radar sound etc. Always check hydrophone, make sure cn hear nothing the green indicator light , lights up on when focus on bearing.

2. Avoid saving near ports or land.

3,Make sure are making a fresh save each time, never overwrite the saves.

4. Save in nav map view only.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote