Old 11-15-21, 09:35 PM   #24
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Interesting.

Among several key things left out by devs that should have been in SH 4 is abandon ship and burial at sea.
I am about 95% sure that I can mod them in!!

You can adapt the torpedo tube and dive plane animations to pretty much anything you want - while working on Wolves of the Kaiser I was able to use one stock animation to mimic the raising/lowering of the big radio masts that existed on old-fashioned subs.

With additions to the sub's .dat file and fiddling with animations, you could add a torpedo tube open animation on a sub to represent the abandon ship process - complete with as many crew as the game can support. Same with a funeral ceremony for whenever the crew died. You wouldn't even need to do any new key mapping etc - you would simply select the dummy torpedo tube and open/close it to initiate or stop the animation...by pressing "Q" after selection! And it would not be visible when not needed.

The cons -

-1) The option would always be available whenever you want, but of course if you have discipline you will only use it when appropriate.

-2) I am not 100% sure I can design a custom button in the SH4 interface to represent these options.

-3) There is no way to link the animations to actual instances of ship damage or crew death - again, you'd need to be disciplined and only use it when appropriate.

-4) It would make the torpedo launching interface slightly more cluttered.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote