View Single Post
Old 07-06-15, 08:19 PM   #2208
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
This is certainly true...There would be a lot less CTDs if adittional model files from various mods would be in proper gr2 format...SH5 has some difficulties processing old dat format...
Not to mention the other advantages: objects/units casting shadows, visible from the surface when submerged and not getting blurred when seen underwater, better light, fire, etc. effects, units triggering magnetic detonation, possibility of adding LOD models, etc. The only disadvantage is that it takes longer dealing with GR2 than with DAT files, coupled with some limitations of GR2 editor (especially the impossibility to add/remove meshes and to edit animations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Hey Gap really nice new stuff on horizon...If I may make a proposal - It would be very nice if we would have a proper model and textures for depth charges in game...Vanilla ones are so lame...I could even provide some pictures and textures from older SH3/4 if you are interesting...
Do you mean naval depth charges? Indeed I am interested. Send my way all the information you can collect. Especially drawings and tech details (size, explosive load, detonation depths, letal radius, etc.).
gap is offline   Reply With Quote