View Single Post
Old 10-04-08, 06:47 PM   #99
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
I just bought the u-boat add-on. with the intention of running the Japanese subs andd campaign. How can I contribute? I have tons of books on japanese stuff and reference material.
I hope I don't disappoint you when it is finally done. We hope to have a Beta for release soon. How soon I can't really say, this modding is all new to me, learning as I go with some help from friends. But this is our "game plan"
We are basically going to start with an SH4 style campaign with traffic in places it belongs at the times it belongs there. And use Japanese doctrine of 'attack warships' rather than SH4 "engage enemy merchant shipping" to create a different atmosphere. There will be mission to sink anything you want and some specificely sink warships, and of course the supply and transport type missions, but try to place those close to some of the action (for example Guadalcanal supply missions while US is invading or resupplying their own troops) so it won't be deliver supplies and RTB.
Once we get that in place as a base, then we will work with that to try to get more 'specific' on locations and time for some of the major battles or missions. The add the southwest parts that are now in the German missions.
So, I think your tons of info may be very helpful when we get into more specific stuff, but if you have anything to offer don't hesitate to post here or PM me or Keltos01 (he made the subs).
Some info that might be helpful now, is some specific locations for Allied traffic around the Philipeans when they return to that area towards the end of the war. We have info on some of the major battles but not on general movement in the area if you have anything like that.
Another thing I find lacking on the internet is where they came from (specifically the Allied forces and in some cases Japanese forces) It says where the battle was or where the invasions were but not where they came from. For example; They left Pearl Harbor and went to location x. Or they left from Midway and went over to location y.
So with tons of info you could probably contribute that way, but if you know any modding or 3D stuff or anything just make a suggestion on how you would like to help.
I know, you can fix my mistakes, that should keep you busy for six months.:rotfl:.

Thank you for the offer to contribute. Sometimes Keltos has ideas, sometimes I do, and we discuss them and decide on which way to go. Sometimes we disagree but we talk it over. So don't be offended if we don't use all your ideas, but we may decide you have a better idea and we will scrap ours and go with it. Some ideas are great but end up being hard to impliment. So, welcome, we will look forward to any ideas you may have.
And another thing, you will notice I tend to talk too much.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote