View Single Post
Old 10-04-08, 06:14 PM   #98
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Nisgeis and Capn Scurvy,

I think I have found the problem
Correction, I think you guys found the problem and it was the attempt at making a new medal for the medalbox. I replaced that file and it seems to have solved the problem. Thank you very much for your ideas.
I still don't understand what happened but it was creating a problem going back to the Captains room. I understand it could cause a problem but:

The part I don't understand

I could go to
1. Transfer screen and back to capt room...no problem
2. Click sub go to crewmangement, equipment, and torpedo screen, no problem
3. Could play a patrol and return...no problem
4. Play a patrol and be awarded the medal that was causing the crash and NO PROBLEM. This is the one that confuses me the most.
5. Go to the logbook and look at patrols and back to capt room...no problem

It only caused a problem coming out of the 'Promotion' and 'Top Aces' screens. Weird program this is.

I thank you again and again and again for giving your time to post ideas. I was all ready to go right back to the beginning and start from there.
But with both Nisgeis comment about the medals and the PM from capn scurvy saying he had problems with the German medals in the box reacting different than the US side, I decided to do that file first and see what happens. It seems to be fixed. Of course, like I say it didn't happen all the time, but I almost wore out my mouse clicking in and out of those screens and everything seems to be back to "normal" if you can call anything I do "normal" :rotfl:. So I guess I can put the shotgun away for now.

Appreciate the help, you saved me hours of work.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote